Scenario – You are trying to login to SAP CPI tenant / SAP Cockpit or SAP BTP, but it gives the below error:
Error – There was an error when authenticating against the external identity provider: The user account must be pre-created. Please contact your system administrator.
Cause – There can be a few reason for this like below:
- You are not using the correct user id and password provided by administrator
- You are already login to SAP account with a different Id.
- Your browser is using an cached user id (different than CPI access).
Resolution – Follow the below steps:
- Make sure you are using a correct combination of user id and password.
- Log out from all SAP account from your browser.
- Close all the browser tabs/windows.
- Clear the browser cache if the above steps didn’t help.
- Contact your administrator and follow the steps provided in this link.
Resolution – Open the browser again and re-login to SAP CPI tenant / SAP cockpit or SAP BTP. You shall be able to login successfully and the error “There was an error when authenticating against the external identity provider: The user account must be pre-created. Please contact your system administrator” is resolved. Check out the blog on why to learn SAP CPI, In case you are a beginner in SAP CPI. Let us know your feedback or thoughts in comment section below.